Foliage Follow-up

Lungwort

Tiarella

Petasites japonica–you can see why folks might call it “Pestasites”

Petasites leaf close-up

A collection of my houseplants and annuals that I’ve over-wintered, now back on my sun porch getting “hardened off” and ready to go back outside and into planters and containers

8 thoughts on “Foliage Follow-up

1. Pam/Digging (Austin, TX) May 16, 2012 / 3:15 pm

Tiarella really has a lovely leaf, doesn’t it? Thanks for joining in for Foliage Follow-Up!

• gardendaze May 17, 2012 / 8:35 am

I just love tiarella. I love heucheras and heucherellas too but they don’t like this spot as well.

2. Alison May 17, 2012 / 12:03 am

Very pretty! I just bought a variegated Petasites, hoping the variegated one would be a bit less invasive. Oh well, it’s planted in a pot right now.

• gardendaze May 17, 2012 / 8:37 am

This has been growing for quite some time for me–I’m going to say at least 7-8 years–so it’s very well established. What I also will tell you, though, is that this is one of the driest spots in my yard. I’d shudder to think what might happen if I had it in a moister spot that it might really like! It tends to die out a bit in mid sumemr when we get really dry so it’s not quite as rampant as it appears now. It’s a great ground cover for me here.

3. Lea May 17, 2012 / 5:33 am

Pretty leaves!
    Love your sunny window spot!
    Happy Foliage Day!
    Lea
    Lea’s Menagerie

• gardendaze May 17, 2012 / 8:39 am

Thanks. This is a great place to do a lot of my heardening off–you can see my tiny tomato seedlings just in the corner of the shot. Once all this goes outside I grow succulents out here all summer–lots of sun and they stay protected from too much rain. We love our sunporch. My husband calls it his “summer white house” and I call it the world’s largest cold frame!

4. Monster Beats June 4, 2012 / 2:26 pm

Hi there I found your site by mistake when i was seeking Bing with this concern, I want to express your current page is actually valuable I also love the design, its wonderful!